Accident & Emergency
Accident and Emergency (A&E) is a difficult, frequently understaffed and high pressure environment, in which doctors must frequently form a diagnosis quickly.
However, as in other areas of medicine, the patient is entitled to at least a reasonable standard of care. Our specialist clinical negligence solicitors at Chadwick Lawrence have successfully supported their clients through many Accident and Emergency negligence claims for a variety of negligent failures in care, including:
- Failing to promptly diagnose subarachnoid haemorrhage leading to permanent brain injury
- Failure to diagnose and treat serious infections such as bacterial meningitis and septicaemia leading to complications, injury and death
- Failure to diagnose appendicitis leading to serious complications and extensive bowel surgery
- Missing myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Failing to diagnose or treat strokes promptly
- Failing to diagnose and treat cauda equina syndrome and failing to advise patients about “red flag” symptoms resulting in serious injuries including foot drop, bladder injuries, paralysis and death
- Delays in diagnosing fractures
- Failure to diagnose injury to tendons
If you believe that you have suffered as a result of negligence from an A&E department, and would like to learn more about Accident and Emergency negligence claims, feel free to get in touch with our experience medical negligence solicitors for free initial advice. We can help to get you the compensation and the answers that you deserve.
We also have experience dealing with surgical negligence claims that have occurred as a result of admittance to Accident and Emergency.