Some people suffer from congenital heart disease and others develop cardiac problems later in life. Medical negligence in the management of heart disease and cardiovascular disease can result in the most serious of consequences including heart failure and irreversible heart disease. Serious heart conditions can be missed altogether leading to further damage to the heart and lungs and even stroke, brain damage, cardiac arrest and death.
High blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and smoking can increase the chance of treatment being required for cardiovascular disease.
Our expert specialist clinical negligence solicitors at Chadwick Lawrence have successfully represented clients and families of patients who have had:
- ECGs, echocardiograms or other investigations misinterpreted or not carried out
- Misdiagnosis and delay in diagnosis and treatment of ischaemic heart disease, angina, arrhythmias and heart failure
- Child and or adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) misdiagnosed leading to failure to treat medically or failure to carry out surgery
- Negligent cardiac surgery for conditions such as Tetralogy of Fallot and VSD leading to brain damage and death
- Negligence in the management of acquired conditions such as bacterial endocarditis and myocarditis
- Failure to appropriately monitor hypertension and blood pressure medication resulting in kidney failure and death.
- Failure to treat a diagnosed Long QT Syndrome.
If you believe that you or a member of your family may have sustained injury as a result of negligence in the management of heart disease or negligent heart surgery, please contact our expert Legal Aid and no win no fee medical negligence solicitors.