It is important to ensure that when embarking on business ventures that involve alcohol and entertainment that you hold the correct alcohol and entertainment license in order to go about your business without regulatory investigation. Our firm of solicitors can provide advice in relation to all matters connected with alcohol and entertainment licensing including the following ;-
- Applications for a new premises license.
- Applications for temporary event notices.
- Applications for variation of existing licenses.
- Dealing with licensing reviews.
- Defending closure orders.
- Representation in connection with licensing breach cases, revocations and appeals.
The team is led by Partner Howard Willis who has extensive experience in dealing with all licensing matters. Our charges depend on the nature and complexity of each particular type of work but we would normally expect our charges to be within the following ranges;-
- Applications for new premises license – £750.00-£1 ,500.00
- Applications for new premises license (where there are objectors and there is a hearing) – £3,000.00-£5,000.00
- Applications for temporary event notices – £250.00-£500.00
- Applications for variation of existing licenses – £1 ,000.00-£1 ,500.00
- Dealing with license reviews – £3,000.00-£5,000.00
- Defending closure orders – £3,000.00-£5,000.00
- Representation in connection with licensing breach cases, revocations and appeals – £3,000.00-£5,000.00
All the above are subject to review dependant on the nature and complexity of each matter.
Howard has 25 years post qualification experience in licensing work.
Howard’s recent notable jobs include obtaining a new Premises Licence for a new South Stand at Headingley Stadium, which involved a contested hearing given local objections. He has advised on a number of Premises Licence applications recently where there have been objections and submitted Temporary Event Notices (TENS) on behalf of a number of clients.