a. Initial advice pre summons (or postal requisition)
b. Review prosecution initial disclosure and advise on plea
c. Explaining the court procedure to you
d. Providing advice on likely sentence
e. Preparation of a bundle of documents to support your case
f. Taking proof of evidence from you
g. Taking proof of any witness who may support your case
h. Representation at Magistrates Court for a hearing entering plea and mitigation
Fixed Fee of £2,500 plus VAT
What does this fee assume/exclude:
- That a guilty plea has been entered and you have a date for your hearing.
- The prosecution, police, HMCTS (Court service) and client will deal with matters expeditiously.
- The matter can be dealt with in one attendance at the Magistrates Court, matters adjourned for pre-sentence reports or for additional disclosure to be served will incur additional charges.
- If material is disclosed at first hearing which indicates that a not guilty plea is appropriate the matter will not be concluded at first appearance.
- That you will communicate with us when asked to and provide full instructions when required.
If any of these key assumptions are incorrect or change over time, we will need to provide you with a revised scope of work, revised timetable and revised fee.
Despite our efforts to ensure that our role is clear, clients sometimes make incorrect assumptions about what we are and are not going to do for them. To help avoid any such misunderstanding, we bring to your attention the fact that that we are not providing you with any advice on any of the following:
- Attendance at the police station
- Advice on whether exceptional hardship or special reasons applies to your case
- Attendance at appointments with the probation service
- Attendance after court for the purpose of fines enforcement
- Attendance at court when produced in custody following a failure to appear on bail or response to a summon
- Any appeals against sentence
- Attending on or dealing with the press
- Booking or advising on a speed awareness course
- Taking proof of evidence from more than 3 witnesses
- Drafting any documentation (including a notice of appeal) in relation to an appeal to the Crown Court
- Representation at the Crown Court.
- Booking or advising on a drink driving rehabilitation course
If applicable, we will price these and any other requirements separately for you.
When necessary, we will, in consultation with you obtain such additional advice as is required from appropriately qualified third parties. Experts fees are not included in this fixed fee.
Nils O’Donoghue – Partner and Solicitor
Based: Huddersfield Office.
Nils joined Chadwick Lawrence in May 2011, becoming an Associate with the firm in October 2015 and a Partner in October 2017. Nils has 8 years PQE experience. Nils helps businesses and individuals with their regulatory and compliance issues both on a contentious and non-contentious basis.
Nils has an enviable success rate in motoring law matters and regularly acts for individuals who find themselves being prosecuted by the Police for speeding, drink driving and other various motoring law offences.
Nils also advises individuals who are being interviewed under caution by the Police and other prosecuting bodies and also has experience of advising both individuals and businesses who are being investigated or prosecuted by Trading Standards, the CQC, the FCA, HM Revenue and Customs, Local Authorities and The Health and Safety Executive, import and export issues.
Harvey Blake – Solicitor
Based: Huddersfield Office
Harvey joined Chadwick Lawrence as a Trainee Solicitor in June 2018 and qualified as a Solicitor with the firm in July 2020. He is one of the founding members of our regulatory and crime department.
Harvey advises clients on all aspects of motoring law including speeding, drink driving offences and those wishing to put forward arguments of exceptional hardship. Harvey also advises and has full conduct of files whereby clients are putting forward arguments of special reasons in respect of their driving licences.